Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Cell Phone Etiquette: Two Universal Symbols Of Cell Phone Use Disapproval

I propose a rebellion against obnoxious cell phone users.

ARE YOU WITH ME!!??

This is activism at it's easiest!

Our rebellion will take form in The Two Universal Symbols of Cell Phone Use Disapproval.

1. Whenever someone's cell phone goes off in an inappropriate place, everyone in the room should stop what they're doing and make a big "L" for Loser sign on their forehead with their index finger and thumb. You know how it's done. Turn and look silently at the Cell Phone Abuser until they turn their ringer off or leave the premises.



2. When someone is talking too loudly on their phone (also known as "cell yell"), everyone around the offender should make a "phone" with their thumb and pinkie, hold it to their ear, and mime talking really loudly with an exaggeratedly open mouth. In order to achieve this effect, open the mouth as wide as possible and silently mouth the words "BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA."


PeaceBang believes that these two silent acts of disapproval could go a long way in curbing obnoxious cell phone usage.

Will you join the revolution???

She is grateful to Adam for giving her the initial inspiration for the "L" sign.
http://eliotunity.blogspot.com/

Shut Up, Cell Phone Head!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Berrysmom said...

I love it, PB. I'm with you. Guys? Are you with us here?

A college professor of my acquaintence says that when a student's phone rings during a class or lecture, he (the prof) takes the phone and answers it. "Hello? No, I'm sorry, Susan isn't available right now. She's in class."

That usually gets them to remember to turn off the damn things before class begins.

22:49  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

I tend to keep mine on vibrate but once in a while I do forget. I always appreciate the reminders at movie theaters and cultural events - because sometimes my cell phone is the last thing on my mind.

00:48  
Blogger Jody Harrington said...

I'm SO with you, PB. Now what's the sign of disapproval for talking on the cell while driving? And please remember that I'm in Texas where dissing another driver is a dangerous sport.

09:29  
Blogger Grey Owl said...

Just say: 'Stop smoking your cell phone!'

Addiction is a terrible thing.

12:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home